This recipe was given to me by a neighbour and the quantities are something only you can decide on, depending on how many people you wish to feed. I will share with you what is required fro around 8 people to have a a side order at a BBQ or any other meal.
- Bag (500gms) new potato’s
- 5-6 eggs (5 large, 6 medium) – if you prefer less egg then just put less in.
- Bunch of spring onions
- Low fat mayonnaise (I use very low fat, but if you prefer full fat, the choice is yours)
- Low fat salad cream (I use very low fat, but if you prefer full fat, the choice is yours)
- Fresh Chives
- Chop the potato’s into bite size pieces and place in a pan of salted water bring to the boil and cook until tender, not soft, but tender and that they hold their shape.
- When boiled leave to cool.
- Boil the eggs until hard boiled. When boiled, submerge them into cold water or run them under the cold tap, this should hopefully ensure they don’t go black. When the eggs are cooled, peel and cut them in half and half again and then half cross ways to make bite size chunks – set aside.
- Peel and chop the spring onions – set aside.
- Chop the chives – set aside
- The dressing is an equal quantity of the salad cream and mayonnaise. We like our salad covered but not to ‘claggy’ in consistency.Therefore I suggest you start with a tablespoon of each and mix until mixed together. Taste a little on your finger and the taste will quite clearly be a mixture of both. If you feel you can taste more salad cream add a little more mayonnaise and vicer versa.
- At this stage combine all the cooled ingredients – except the chives – into a large mixing bowl and gently mix in the mayonnaise and salad cream mixture. If the salad looks like it needs more dressing then make more. The choice is yours, there is no right or wrong in my opinion…
- When you are happy with your finished dish, transfer into a serving dish, sprinkle with Paprika and scatter the chives over the top.
There you have a delightful potato salad that I am sure all the family will love.